Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Med School Life

July will be Justin's 4th year of med school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how fast time is going.  He has finally decided on a specialty which I am happy to announce is anesthesiology.  He has always had that in mind, but this month he has been able to actually practice anesthesia.  He is loving it.  His days are long but I have never seen him enjoy any rotation as much as he does this month.  I am so happy for him that he has found something that he loves.  This guy has put in many long hours though 3rd year, some which were 21 hour days and having a new baby and an emotional wife at times.  He really is amazing.  He studies non stop and this month isn't any better.  He takes his step 2 boards in July so he is studying more than usual.  Then after boards we will have 5 days with him then he is off to Ohio for a month then on to Pennsylvania for another month then finally home.  Then he will be doing quick trips to other states for interviews for residency.  There is one residency where we live now that he is liking.  So we might be staying in Florida for another 4 years.   We had the opportunity to go to a party for the graduating residences Saturday night at the attending's house (The Dr over the residences) and let me tell you I was in love with their house!!! They were right on the inner coast way so their back yard over looked the water. We got there right at sunset and it was breath taking.  I am so proud of Justin and all he is doing to be able to provide for our family.  (here comes the gushy stuff)  For those of my good friends reading this you know I was engaged before I met Justin.  I just have to say how happy I am that that did not work out.  I think my life would have been a lot harder relationship wise.  Justin has been the best thing that has happened to me and I am so grateful for him and all he has been working for.

No comments:

Post a Comment