Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Life Update

I feel like time is going by way to fast! Carter is 8 months and is on the verge of walking, I am not ready for that.  He is growing up way to fast.  I feel like we just brought him home from the hospital.  He is so fun though.  I love seeing his personality come out.  I think he has a little bit of my stubbornness, ok, more like all of it! He definitely can make me want to pull my hair out most days.  He likes to sit and scream at me if he is upset, which happens whenever things don't go his way.  Carter is also a biter! The bad thing is, when I tell him no and tap his face, he laughs at me.  I think he will end up giving me a run for my money!

 But he sure is cute! He also enjoys drinking out of our water bottles, so I finally bought him one of his own, he still prefers one of ours.


Carter has also moved into our closet.  Why did we not do this sooner???? He sleeps so good in there! He actually sleeps through the night now! That was one thing that I was looking forward to.  Before he moved into his Harry Potter room, Justin and I spent some nights on the couch while Carter cried for 30-45 minuets.  And when I say cry, I mean screaming top of the lungs cry!  Some nights we would stick it out in our bed and that's when we decided he needed to be in a place of his own.  I can not wait for the day that we will be out of our 1 bedroom apartment!  Now we are working on getting him to sleep in and not wake up at 5:30 every morning!!!! My friend told me that if we put him to bed earlier then he should sleep in longer.  I was really hesitant about trying this method out but I figured what's the worst that can happen.  So Carter went to bed at 6:15 last night and didn't wake up till 7:30 the next morning!!!! I woke up at 7:15 and started to get worried about him until I heard him stir, then I at least knew he was alive.  So tonight he went to bed early again.  My friend said to put them to bed early for 3 or 4  nights then go back to normal bed time and they should sleep in still.  Lets pray this works!

I have also started to get healthy again and started the Beach Body program 21 Day Fix Extreme.  I am in love with this program.  It's 30 minuet exercises that are really intense.  These exercises all involve weights and a mix of cardio.  I was shocked at my results after just 1 week.

It's amazing the confidence that I have gained just after a week!  I still have baby weight that I need to lose and I have been trying so hard.  I needed a plan because I was getting depressed and losing motivation. I still have 2 more weeks then I plan on starting the program over for another 21 days.  I can do anything for 21 days.  My goal is to get 30 lbs off before we start trying for baby number 2.  And no, that won't be for another year and a half.  Right now Carter is enough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment