Saturday, November 1, 2014

I am a Dope

Back in April my mother, sister and two sister in laws all signed up to do the Dopey Challenge in Disney World January 2015. The Dopey Challenge consists of 4 races, 5k, 10k, Half Marathon and a Full Marathon in 4 days for a total of 48.6 "magical miles". Am I crazy, yes, I think I am, but at least I am not alone! 

When I signed up I was 7 month pregnant and figured this would motivate me to get the baby  weight off. Well, we are almost 2 months away from the race and the farthest I have wogged (walk/jog) is 7 miles. But I have noticed a major improvement in 4 months! When I first started I was doing a 15 minute mile, I use to be able to do a 10 minute mile, I  was a little depressed about it. Taking that long to run was definitely not fun. But I stuck with it and today I did 3 miles and my average pace was 12:10. I was so proud of myself! I love seeing improvements! It also helped that a cold front came in and so the weather was perfect for a run. 

Random side note:
I was complaining tonight about it being cold and Justin told me I have been spoiled with warm weather. Yes I have and I love my warm weather! It will be a sad day when we move away from Florida! 

No comments:

Post a Comment